Investigation, identification and resolution of data issues impacting use of CRM sales productivity tool.
A well known parts distribution organisation had invested in the development of a hand held CRM solution that delivered a single customer view from their ERP system via a third party solution. The tool was not well received by the sales team who were complaining of instability in the product. On investigation, the issues were broader and more complex:-
- Core data did not support the required view.
- No build data build metrics existed.
- Build rules were not documented.
- General lack of awareness of the tools aims.
- Training was not reinforced.
- Importance of stakeholder involvement.
- New tools must help the end user if they are to garner support.