Provision of Single Customer View solution to a leading Building Society in support of its conversion to bank status. Establishment of eligibility for windfall payments.
Back in the mid 1990’s there was a spate of building societies converting to bank status and as a result paying their members “windfall” payments. These payments were calculated based on the longevity and balance information of individual members (savers and investors).With such a high profile venture accuracy is key.
I was responsible for running one such conversion exercise including:-
- Establishing data matching capabilities.
- Translating business rules into formal specification.
- Establishing confidence levels for decision making.
- Advising on reporting requirements for automated and manual decision making.
- Project managing test and live runs.
- Even when operating as an external consultant, be part of the team.
- Protecting the brand is vital.